BM On Demand Pty Ltd (ACN 653 907 638), operating under the business name “BM On Demand”, and its associated entities and any related bodies corporate (hereinafter referred to as ‘us’ ‘we’ or ‘our’), are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. In addition, we may be subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the National Privacy Principles which form part of that Act.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information means information which identifies you personally, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained, the information we may collect is listed below. We may collect personal information about you in order to facilitate your use of www.bdondemand.net (the “Site”) and to provide you with our services.
You are not obliged to, or may choose not to, provide personal information to us, however, please note that this may result in us limiting your access to the Site, limiting the provision of our services to you or being unable to provide our services to you.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Date of birth;
- Mailing and residential address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Your photographic identification, including (but not limited to) your driver’s licence or passport;
- Your banking details, including any account numbers and other details relevant to our services;
- Information about any transactions;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information for the purposes of system administration and statistical data analysis;
- For enterprises, we may collect your Australian Business Number (ABN), registration records, information about shareholders, directors and secretaries.
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through your use of our website, in person, from telephone conversations (which may be recorded), or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect this information when you:
- Register on the Site;
- Make any transaction of the Site;
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- Interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
We may use a browser feature known as a ‘cookie’ which assigns a unique identifier to your computer.
Cookies are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive. Information collected from cookies is used by us to evaluate the effectiveness of our site, analyse trends, and administer the Site.
Information collected from cookies allows us to determine for example which parts of our site are most visited, or any difficulties in accessing our Site.
With this knowledge, we can improve the quality of your experience on the Site.
We may use third party service provider(s), to assist us in better understanding the use of our Site. Our service provider(s) may place cookies on the hard drive of your computer. It may receive information that we select on how visitors navigate our site, what products are browsed, and general transaction information.
Our service provider(s) analyses this information and provides us with aggregate reports. This information will be used to understand visitor interest in our Site and how to better serve those interests. The information collected by our service provider(s) may be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you while you are using the Site. Our service providers are contractually restricted from using information they receive from our Site other than to assist us.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information we collect is required to meet legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. to verify your identity). Otherwise, the personal information we collect is required to provide our services efficiently and effectively We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Site and our services;
- to enable you to make transactions on the Site;
- to verify your identity via a third party identity verification provider;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Our employees and agents;
- Third party suppliers and service providers;
- Payment systems operators
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred, or will potentially be transferred to;
- Other entities, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may share users’ personal information with law enforcement bodies; regulatory agencies; courts; arbitration bodies; and dispute resolution schemes. This may be both in Australia and internationally, as may be required by law.
If you request in writing, we may share your personal information with your nominee. Except where disclosure of your personal information is required by law or requested by you, we will generally require any third party which receives, or has access to, personal information to protect it. Also to use it only to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
Storage and Security
We undertake a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information and prevent it from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, we cannot guarantee the secure transmission of data over the Internet nor complete safety of electronic storage. As such, we request that you understand the responsibility to independently take safety precautions to protect your own personal information.
If you suspect that your personal information has been compromised, please notify us immediately.
Accessing or Amending Your Personal Information
We respect your privacy and will provide you with reasonable access to the personal information you have provided to us through your use of our services and the Site. If we hold personal information about you that is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you may request us to change that information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time, usually within 14 days. Please note that we may need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
Personal information provided by you must not be false or misleading. We assume that the information you provide to us is accurate and will be updated when the relevant personal information changes.
We reserve the right to deny you access for any reason permitted under applicable law. If we deny access or amendment, we will provide you with written reasons for such denial unless it is unreasonable to do so and, where required by local data protection laws, will note your request and the denial in our records.
If you are subscribed to the mailing list, the data we collect is retained until you opt out of the mailing list. If you are not subscribed to the mailing list but have provided personal information, data is stored for a limited period of time to fulfil the purposes for which the data was originally collected. The data will be used and retained as necessary to meet our legal obligations.
If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may complain to the Privacy Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.
To contact us please use our contact page